Thursday, June 18, 2009

Angela Z-Assign. 1c

Originally I was skeptical on the usefulness of blogging in reference to teaching. I considered it to be a social networking tool and did not necessarily carry any useful value for students and teachers. However, the students that I will be teaching have or will have grown up in a technological world where things such as blogging are normal and comfortable to them. Therefore, utilizing blogging will be a good way to connect with the students and allow them to expand their knowledge. Through the use of these aspects of technology, students will be able to learn in a wider variety of ways and become more well rounded.
I have discovered that blogging, while it is a social network, can be a support system for students. Teachers can post reviews, outlines, reminders, and so much more for the students, but the students can also partake in posting. It gives them an avenue for asking questions, being creative, and keeping their families updated on what is going on in their classrooms and schools. One teacher remarked that she has her students do their creative writing assignments through blogs, giving students a chance to view on others' works and give constructive criticism. While blogs are foreign to me, they will not be foreign to my students and can be a useful tool for communication and expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment