I was first introduced to the idea of blogs being used in education last semester. I was apprehensive at first, but the idea eventually grew on me. After doing some research and having a better understanding of how blogs can assist students learning I was open to the idea. I love the idea of having a class blog and posting assignments so students can access them from home while they are taking a break from Facebook. The idea of blogging for education sake also opens up many avenues for students to work together on a project. In the past, group work was done by maybe one or two in the group, and ten people got credit for the work. With the technology now, teachers can look and see who has contributed to the group and grade accordingly. As an English Ed major I look forward to using blogs in my classes. It will allow my students to collectively write stories, and have the opportunity to read each others material and gain inspiration from that.
-jake
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment