Before this class, I was under the assumption that a blog was basically a journal entry where outspoken people could share what was happening in their lives, or they could speak out about their views on various topics. With this perception of blogs in mind, I never had an interest to go and read the lengthy, self absorbed thoughts of complete strangers. However, after searching the web for a few blogs, I learned that they can be used for various educational purposes. The blogs I looked at involved many different classrooms and school districts and I learned that they posted a variety of different things including pictures, videos, and sound clips to keep their blogs interesting. Many teachers use their blogs as a newsletter for parents to be able to access in order to learn what their children are doing in the classroom or to access homework assignments. Other teachers use blogs for students to post homework on, or as an outlet for students to post their ideas on topics. I've learned that blogs are pretty cool and I definitely see why it is a good method for engaging students and sparking their interest with the use of technology.
As a future music teacher, I think a blog would be a very innovative way to involve my students in the learning process. If we are preparing a piece with an ensemble, or studying a composer, I could ask my kids to post their favorite performances of the piece on the classroom blog, or I could ask them to study about the life of a composer and post pictures and links to their findings.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment