Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sean D - Digital Storytelling

Monday was my first experience with digital storytelling as it was for many of the people who posted before me. I think there are many useful applications for it in all classes. As a health enhancement teacher, I think the most beneficial way to use digital storytelling would be to have the students research a health related topic and report on that topic. I would have them use digital storytelling to share their reports. This allows them to be as creative as they want to be while sharing valuable information to the rest of the class. I think I would use snapz pro as a tutorial for the students to learn how to use either garage band or iMovie and then turn them loose on their various topics.

Overall these features give students more fun ways to learn. It is far better than just sitting and listening to a teacher talk. These tools will help keep the students engaged and the will learn far better than just listening to someone. I look forward to using these programs or programs similar to these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment