Monday, June 22, 2009

Digital Storytelling - Brittany B. - Assign # 2b

Today we experimented with different methods of digital storytelling. We created a video, a podcast, and a tutorial using Snapz Pro. The best pro of digital storytelling is the ability to post them to the internet so that students could access them from home. Before today, I had not used iVideo or SnapzPro. I was very surprised at how simple it was to create a digital story. I think that as a music teacher these tools could be very useful. When we are studying a famous composer I could post an educational video for them to watch and comment on. I could also have a podcast with some of their most famous works for the students to listen to for free. I also plan to use many different educational music programs such as Finale, Sibelius, and Garage Band in my classroom. SnapzPro is an excellent way to show all of my students how to use these programs: I only have to record it once, and my students can watch it as many times as they want in order to understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment