Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blog on Blogging - Cheryl E. Assignment #1c

From past experiences I have found that many people use blogs for keeping friends and family up to date on their everyday lives, long trips, and medical issues. Until I started searching the web, I had never really seen blogging used for educational purposes, but I think that it is a great idea! I think in particular, it is a great way to let parents know what is going on in class, remind them of important dates, and keep them involved with their child’s education. I also think that it is a great resource tool that could be used by teachers to show their supervisors everything they have accomplished throughout the year and how far the students have come. Blogging can also be used as a resource tool among teachers as a way of sharing ideas, lesson plans, discipline tactics, etc. as well as an avenue for asking questions where others can give you answers. After seeing the many ways blogging can be used in education, it has given me some ideas for ways I could use blogging in my own classroom. I think that in a math class, the blog would be less interactive and probably more informative since it is harder to type math equations. However, I think I would try to post a weekly “challenge question” that the students could then try to answer throughout the week, commenting on answers and why they think an answer is correct or not. I also plan on using a blog to post assignments, post answer keys to tests and quizzes so students can learn from their mistakes, and post additional resources for students to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment