My experience in blogging is very limited. From what I do know about blogging, it can be a very useful tool for educators. I think the best way I would use blogging is by having my students answer questions about a topic or share information on that topic that could be useful to other students. Another way to use this tool is by sharing projects with parents. This way parents can stay in the know. The way I would use blogging as a health enhancement teacher is by posting on various field trips we might take. Living here in Bozeman students and teachers have the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors since there are so many little hikes you can do close to town. So I would take my students on a hike to the "M" and take pictures and have students share what they saw and maybe learned from the experience. Personally blogging is a great way to share activities, or photo's of activities you have done. I have a friend that goes to Europe every year for music class. He blogs on all of the activities they do so he doesn't have to send out a million emails to update friends and family. Instead if you wanted to know what he was doing in Europe, you just log on to his blog and find out. My experience in blogging is very limited, but I think if I learned more about blogging there would be a ton of other ways you could used blogging as a tool and resource. Blogging seems to becoming one of the fastest and easiest ways for people to stay in touch, and generally see what people are doing. I think there might be a new version of blogging that is growing called twitter. Twitter is just a way for people to tell the world the what they are doing at that moment. It seems to be a more instant version of blogging. Overall I think blogging can be a very useful as a teaching tool.
Sean
No comments:
Post a Comment