Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Digital Storytelling - Polly G.
Before class yesterday, I had never really known what digital storytelling was. I thought the digital storytelling website that we went to in class was very useful. I liked that it had information on all types of topics. It will be very useful for me to use in my classroom when I am a teacher. Digital storytelling would give students a different way of learning rather than watching a movie or listening to someone read out of a textbook. I also had a lot of fun creating a digital story with iMovie. It would be fun to create my own iMovie for my students if I went on a trip somewhere, so they could see a new place. It would also be fun to have the students take turns using the video camera and record things that they like to do in their spare time on the weekends. This would be a great way for the class to get to know one another. I also thought that the SnapzPro program was very useful as well. It is a great program to use if you are trying to show a big group of people how to do something. By using SnapzPro, if someone needs to hear the directions again or is a slower learner, they can watch the video as many times as they need to until they get it. I know that I will use digital storytelling in my classroom. I know that my students will have as much fun using it as I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment